At Ode à la Vie, we work continuously to ensure that we make our products responsibly and ensure that we can make a positive difference to the communities we work and live.
As a company, we are clear on our widening responsibilities and the approach that we take to meet these responsibilities.
- We will use vegetable tanned leathers that are tanned responsibly to ensure our products are more biodegradable.
- Communication methods between our own premises and third parties will be constantly reviewed and improved to reduce the need for printed documents and travel between sites.
Reduction of waste materials
- We will recycle as much as possible from our production.
- We will maximize the utilisation of our leather to reduce wastage.
- We will work only with tanneries where hides used are by-products of the food industry.
- Endangered species appearing on either the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) or the Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) lists must not be used.